Hour glass: Scarlet Johansson
1. Wear tailored fitted pieces, t-shirts and blouses should be fitted emphasizing your smaller waist.
2. When wearing a coat or jacket look for belted, trench style or short jackets that stop above the hips, as it will accentuate your curves.
3. Wrap tops and dresses work well for this body shape as the fabric is at the skinniest part of the waist and draws focus here.
4. Neck lines are key, V neck, sweetheart and scoop necks are good for this body shape, avoid wide necklines.
5. Look for pants, skirts and dresses that hug your hips and lengthen your leg. Flares or boot cut work well as they keep the bottom portion of your leg in balance with your hips, this creates a longer and slimmer appearance for your legs. Heels are great for adding extra length to leg.
Apple shape: Jennifer Hudson/Edel
1. Apple shape bodies generally have good busts so should emphasise their bust as this takes attention away from your middle. V neck, plunging necklines or A-line shape are good for lengthening the body and draw attention to the bust area.
2. As your legs are your asset you should show them off. Wear a shorter length to emphasise your leg shape and heels are great for lengthening the body and balancing your bottom half. A wedge style shoe is great on this body shape.
3. Avoid clingy material especially in the middle area, go for fabrics that flow from the bust, a-line, empire or a high waist line top is good for this shape.
4. When wearing a dress avoid built in waist lines as it will emphasise a larger waist.
5. A loose fronted fitted jacket is a key piece for a girl with this this body shape to have in their wardrobe. It’s great for layering up and distracting the eye, it also create the illusion of a smaller waist.
6. When wearing jeans, ensure they have back pockets as this will define your bottom and balance your waist. Boot cut shaped jeans work well on this body shape as it creates balance between the top half and bottom half. When wearing skinny jeans it’s essential to wear a heel.
Pear Shape: Kim Kardashian/Beyonce
1. This girl will want to focus the attention away from her hips upwards. Slim fitted shirts, button down shirts and cardigans work well for this shape. Embellished neck lines work well on a pear shaped girl as it draws they eye up.
2. Layering garments works well as it will balance a pear shaped body by adding a visual interest.
3. When wearing jeans or pants, skirts or dresses with a wide hem works well. This visually balanced a pear shaped body, pair this with pointy heels for an elongated leg effect. Skinnies work we’ll in this shape when teamed with a long blazer, the long blazer covers your hips creating balance, this completes the skinny ended pants.
1. Creating curves is easy for this athletic shape, Mock turtlenecks, boat necks, wide V and U as well as jewel necklines are good.
2. The Volume on top option works for this shape. by wearing a voluminous top and a slim bottom, like a blouson blouse and a tight skirt or a XL shirt and skinny jeans look will create volume to the body shape while emphasising how slim you are underneath. You could also choose a voluminous bottom and a slim top, like a tiered or ruffled skirt with a tank top or baggy pants with a tight shirt. This creates the same illusion by adding volume while also showing your slim body.